25 Things apartment communities should be doing with social media right now
The Apartments.com Blog just put out some great social media tips for apartment owners, developers and managers. Here are just a few we thought you might find helpful:
- Create a Pinterest board of apartment-friendly decorating ideas for your residents.
- Partner with a popular neighborhood restaurant to provide your residents with a Facebook exclusive offer. Post a status update with coupon code to redeem 20% off. It will make your fans feel really special.
- Tweet street cleaning schedules to make sure your residents don’t get tickets.
- Choose a resident to highlight as your Resident of the Month on Facebook in an effort to help everyone get to know their neighbors.
- Start Trivia Tuesdays on Twitter and give away small prizes to your residents for correct answers.
- Ask your residents to Like you and follow you on social media websites! You would be surprised how simply asking will help grow your fan base.
- Read multifamily industry blogs, like Multifamily Insiders and Apartments.com/blog, to stay on top of trends and news.
- Start a blog that provides relevant apartment living, neighborhood and community information for your residents.
- Create Facebook events for your community get-togethers, so residents have all the information on the website they check most often, as well as the ability to see who else is attending.
- Tweet the weather forecast first thing every morning to help your residents decide what to wear.
- Create a Facebook application with your leasing office and community staff photos and bios, so your residents know who to go to with questions, as well as the names of the people that make their community run smoothly.
- Capture nice things your residents are saying about you online and repurpose them in marketing materials or in a slide show that plays on your lobby TV’s.
Visit Apartments.comBlog to continue reading and to learn more. And be sure to follow Love Funding on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.